Richard works with individuals, families and businesses helping them develop effective financial strategies to achieve their goals and dreams. He strives to provide the best service and products to his clients utilizing the resources available within The Bulfinch Group as well as the extensive network of trusted legal, accounting and investment professionals he has developed alliances with over the years.
Experience: Richard’s clients benefit from his 35 years of experience as a financial advisor. He has an extensive experience dealing with estate planning issues, special needs families and business owners. Richard’s accomplishments and affiliations include:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®); Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®); Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®); Chartered Special Needs Consultant (ChSNC®) – American College;
- Certified for Long Term Care;
- Member of the Business Enterprise Institute, focused on helping business owners with the successful transition and exit from their business;
- Member of the Boston Estate Planning Council;
- Taught disability insurance course for Life Underwriters Training Council;
- Appeared as financial specialist on WRKO and Boston Business Radio;
- Eight-time winner of the Five Star Wealth Manager award as published in the February 2019 issue of Boston magazine; and
- Life and qualifying member of the prestigious Million Dollar Round Table.
Philosophy and Methodology: People today are overwhelmed and bombarded with financial information from the media and press. His goal is to determine which options make the most sense for his clients. He takes the time to understand each client’s situation and integrate their values into a custom-tailored model to maximize options and choices throughout their lifetime. He takes great pride in seeing his clients’ dreams become realities and helping them to enjoy their success during their lifetime as well as pass on a legacy to future generations.
Richard and his wife Mary Beth live in Arlington and have three adult daughters and a grandson. He serves on the Board of the Elizabeth and George L. Sanborn Foundation for the Treatment and Cure of Cancer* and the Planned Giving Committee for the Special Olympics. Richard enjoys sailing and coaches for the Special Olympics sailing program.
Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities and Financial Representative of Guardian. CA Insurance License #0G39290; FL Insurance License #A018584. *Guardian and its subsidiaries do not endorse or have any direct or indirect responsibility with respect to this activity.